Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, but we're closed.

I forgot my password

Please vote for us!!!
Top Canine Roleplays
We're 2nd!!!
Intus Incednia's K9 Elites
We're 4th!!!
Top 100 Wolf RPGs
We're 4th!!!
Top 50 Wolf RPG
We're 7th!!!
Only the Best Canine Roleplays!
We're 2nd!!!
100 Wolf Roleplay Sites
We're 5th!!! Canine Top 100
We're 5th!!!
Month and Weather
Time of the Day: Midday
Current Month: Jan
Current Season: Winter
Current Weather: Sunny
Temperature: 5°C
Latest topics
» Paper Hearts - A mature canine roleplay
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm by Guest

» Imporia : Resurrection
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:57 am by Guest

» Rarity - An Exotic Canine RPG
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:36 am by Guest

» Kettrin Wolf Rp
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am by Guest

» Breathless -Canine/Mulit-species RPG
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 am by Jenn

» Lions of Valoria
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos - fantasy wolf rpg, just opened!
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:30 am by Guest

» Spiritus- semi-realistic wolf roleplay
Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:26 am by Guest

Current Plot
The Ulfr Mani battle against DDP plot has been completed! Click for a detailed recap

The current plot is now PUPPIES! There has been a couple month skip to give Rebby time to deliver the babies, and now they're emerging from the den.
Big News
AILIS, FRY, MUSTAFA and UNIVERSE are our new members of the month! Thank you for sticking with the pack and posting and chatting away!

FRELSER is our 'create your own legend' winner with his legend of Cantando Luces

Current contests:
1.) Movie quote hunting! Winner - Mustafa!
2.) Create Jobby's pups! Winner - All entries!
Sister Packs
Blue Haven Falls Pack
All credits goes to those who own them. Thank you so much to all the stocks that provided the photos. I do not own them.
Visitors since March 2014
stats for websites
Word Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go fetch. Hunting grounds.

+12
Denali
Gladbane
Ailis
Amanda
Rebekka
Killian
Shelyn
Asha
Champei
Luna
Bogatyr
Little Old Jo
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Fyrebane's ears pricked at the sound of other wolves. He turned to see Howie, Jo, and Denali heading back towards the main group. Jo must have caught up to the little guy pretty quickly. Other movement caught his attention behind them. Quickly, his eyes focused on the sources. They were two wolves, but something didn't seem right. They were farther away, yet appeared larger. As far as he knew, he hadn't hit his head when he got his leg stuck in that hole.

Well, it looked like the strangers were heading back towards the main hunting party, so he'd soon find out what was up with them. Despite the sharp pain in his leg, the red wolf staggered back to his feet and began to trot towards the main group. He silently scolded himself with every step, trying to ignore the pain. Just then, a rabbit darted by. With a sigh, he glared at the little creature.

"Come back to taunt me, have you!" he growled at it.

He just couldn't get over it. Yes, it was his fault for chasing the rabbit, but it didn't have to go down that bloody hole! He was positive that this was the same rabbit. It was a little on the small side with a tiny white splotch on its right hind leg. He made a vow to himself that he would one day kill that awful little beast. One day... he would. By then, he was just to the group. He sat down off to the side to pout about his leg.

Wolves Addressed: The Rabbit
Wolves Mentioned: Howie, Jo, Denali, Hunting Party, Strangers
Notes: Just felt like I should post something. Fry isn't taking this well.

77Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 am

Killian

Killian
Pack Friend
Pack Friend

Catelyn looked back at her son who was now journeying closer to this pack. She followed him forth, as he stood waiting her. A calm smile on her maw, as she wondered what it was that her son was going to do next. She looked at him, then glanced up to the pack wolves ahead. They all seemed to scamper away at their presence, and Cat gave a deflated sigh. "What are you going to do Robb?" she questioned her son as the wolves had retreated into the security of the forest.

"We shall follow them"
“If you bring peace, it's cool to chill with us. If you're here to crash the party, buzz off.”

He replied softly, She turned her head to the howl that roared over the trees, just after the wind had dropped. Looking to Robb once more. She followed him into the forest, staying quietly by his side, she looked at the magnificent tall trees, that stood strongly in the forest, flicking her tail curiously as she padded along wondering what this pack was like, most just offered hostility, never any welcome like these had, if they had brought peace. The wolf in charge seemed to be strange in the way he had worded his howl, but none the less, Cat would be greatful for shelter and food.

Upon arrival of seeing the pack wolves, there were numerous more that what they had encountered on the plains, all together these wolves could over power her a Robb, her calculating mind knew this, so she stayed quiet, and waited for her son to make the first move.
Addressed: Robb, Everyone
Mentioned: Everyone.
Notes: I have permission to play Cat at this time, due to Asha's absence, ad for some reason the table doesnt want to work.

- R O B B -

"What are you going to do Robb?"

Robb glanced to his mother at his side, keeping an eye on the pack in his peripherals, he then turned to watching them all flee, like pups in trouble he gave a small sigh. Was this pack going to be like all the rest? He was growing tired of it. The king of the north looked to his mother.  "We shall follow them" he voice was soft and tired. He stepped forth as if to follow the wolves into the forest...

“If you bring peace, it's cool to chill with us. If you're here to crash the party, buzz off.”

Robb stopped to listen to the howl, inwardly he gave a grin, but it could easily be an ambush from the pack, but they would soon find out. He padded into the forest, and followed the wolves scents until he came along to the pack, where there were more wolves hidden in these woods, and a pup. His ears twitched as his pale eyes glanced at each wolf.

"I am Robb Stark, King of the North, and this is my mother, Lady Catelyn Stark, We are not here to harm any of you. We seek shelter and food.." he said strongly in front of all of the pack. He stood tall, proud, and hopefully this would put off the wolves from attacking him or his mother, if they were going to.

Addressed: Everyone, Cat Mentioned: All Side Notes: This shall be interesting!

78Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 am

Senpell

Senpell

Senpell walked towards the origin of the howl, he didnt have any problem to get the message, he gave himself two minutes to think about walking to the pack until another wolf anounced himself looking for shelter and food, he needed the same, plus a healer so he kept walking towards the pack until he saw one of them, he was lucky they where looking to another side, that gave him the oportunity to see their reaction towards the other strangers. As the pack  appeared into his line of sight he began to be all sneaky, his pace was slow yet confident like a predator stalks his prey. the male kept walking until he was a few meters away, the male was too focused on the pack that he didnt see the bunny hole, attemping to recover his balance he used his hind leg, growling in pain.

Addressed:Everyone
Mentioned:Everyone.
Notes: ok...he is kinda clumsy, i cant deny that

79Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:38 am

Little Old Jo

Little Old Jo
Alpha
Alpha

Little Old Jo

Jo looked up at the sound of another wolf. He could smell them and knew that there was now indeed three wolves in the area. 'Jeez! Where are they all coming from?' He thought to himself. Did they all hear about his good looks and they all want a little bit of Jo? He didn't think so, but remembered the days when females were flocking around him. Those were the days. He was a bachelor and had no ties to anyone. He travelled the world and joined with anyone willing to have a good time. He had met many wolves during his time, some were friendly and some were very friendly. It was the perfect life for him. However, he didn't regret having this one. He loved both, but he did miss the old life. Though, if he had a choice of staying with the pack and Rebby or going back to the old days with her, then Jo would just stay were he was. He was happy to love and protect Rebekka, and anyway, she was a ton of fun.

Jo cocked an eyebrow as he saw two huge wolves approaching. They were big and when he meant big, they were massive!!Jo had never seen a wolf that size before. He wondered what milk their mothers fed them on. Maybe they could give that milk to Chewbo and help him grow up strong.  Jo remembered to that he had to stand tall and protect his pack, but these wolves could tear him to shreds. So he took another approach. The casual and cool one.  He gave the newbies a smirk and wiggled his eyebrows cockily at them.

"I am Robb Stark, King of the North, and this is my mother, Lady Catelyn Stark, We are not here to harm any of you. We seek shelter and food.." 

“King? Thinking a bit high of yourself aren't you kid?” He smirked playfully. “And we'd love some food too. So tell you what. You hunt with us and you can stay, fair enough?” He asked with a smile. Some big wolves in the pack was an excellent advantage. They were more powerful and intimidating. Prey would be easier to catch if the faster wolves led them to these two. Jo saw no problem with inviting them in, but he wasn't so sure about the pack. Though, he saw these two just as he saw the others. They needed a pack and Jo knew that everyone was led here by destiny. There was a reason they were here and Jo wasn't going to throw that away.

From behind Jo heard a noise. He turned his golden gaze and saw a male wolf fall over a rabbit hole. “The rabbits are making us look like fools today” He muttered to himself with a smile. He guessed that this wolf wanted the same as the large wolves. Shelter and food. “Same goes for you, mate. You hunt with us and you can stay.” He simply said before picking up Chewbo in his jaws and setting on his journey.

At the edge of a well covered slope a herd of deer gently grazed along the land. They looked rather tasty and Jo was dying for some food; he even almost started drooling on Chewbo.  He ser the kid down between his paws and eyed the prey. “Okay chumps, the food is there. Now who can tell me what one to pick?” He asked, hoping that they remembered his lesson.

(Remember that a hunt will take time. So don't just bring down the animal in seconds as it is not realistic. ~Says the Alpha of a mythological pack Razz) (If there is a problem with moving Chewbo I'll edit my post, Chews)

Wolves addressed: Robb, Cat, Sen and all.
Word count: 628

https://dealan-depack.rpg-board.net

80Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:14 am

Senpell

Senpell

Senpell sighed in relief as one wolf talked to him, in a friendly way, but he was unable to hunt, at least for a week or two. ''umm...'' he was afraid to talk, it was the first time he had to talk to another wolf in months, it was the first time he had to talk without the help of his brother. the black wolf took a deep breath and walked closer to the pack without putting any weight on his left hind leg. ''i need a...'' he talked way too fast, he knew that no one would understand him, so he tried again ''i...need...a...healer'' the male talked slowly, making sure the other wolves were understanding him.

Addressed:Everyone
Mentioned:Everyone
Notes: lame post TT_TT

81Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:04 am

Killian

Killian
Pack Friend
Pack Friend

- R O B B -

“King? Thinking a bit high of yourself aren't you kid?”
“And we'd love some food too. So tell you what. You hunt with us and you can stay, fair enough?”

Robb didn't like the way the Alpha seemed to be a bit of a joker, he was a serious wolf and had intended on serious business. He gave a low grumbling growl, in annoyance, it was so deep, coming from the wolf, that it rumbled through smaller creatures, the way a stereo does with big heavy bass. cocked an eyebrow at the silvery one.  "I do not take insults to my birthright lightly, and no I am not thinking of myself highly. You have no idea what my mother and I have been through." he said staring down at the silvery one, hoping to 'put him back into his place in line'. Robb hadn't thought himself above or below these grey wolves. He flicked his tail as the wolf offered a home and shelter, if he and his mother help with the hunting.

Before this silvery wolf strode off. Robb decided to answer his statement on the rabbits,  "We do not hunt rabbits and hares or other small game, they are far too small, and too quick for us. Being bigger, we need time to get up our speed, rabbits are down in a hole before that happens" he sighed as he followed the silvery one along to an opening where a herd of deer gathered. Even Deer were a fifty fifty chance with him and his mother, they were very quick and agile, and saw the bigger wolves from a mile away. He sat and gave a small sigh.

“Okay chumps, the food is there. Now who can tell me what one to pick?”

Robb looked to him as he placed the pup on the ground, he curled his tail by his side, and soon saw his mother in his peripheral vision beside him. He gave a large yawn, showing off his pearly white canines that were over double the size of any grey wolf's. "I know what to pick. But lets see if your pack does..." he said as he cast his eyes over to the deer.

Addressed: Jo, Everyone, Cat Mentioned: All Side Notes: ---

82Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:19 am

Little Old Jo

Little Old Jo
Alpha
Alpha

"I do not take insults to my birthright lightly, and no I am not thinking of myself highly. You have no idea what my mother and I have been through."

“No I don't, nor do I want to.”He simply said with a casual smile. He didn't care where the wolves came from or what ghosts were chasing them. He gathered that the majority of his pack had a past that was something that reflected in their eyes. However, Jo had lived a simple life. His parents loved him, he had plenty of siblings to play with and plenty of girls to chase. There was no dead look in his eye, just a twinkle of joy. He knew that Rebby was the same. She had a good life. Her parents were a little bit of pain according to her, but he knew that they were also a family who lived a simple life and loved each other. “Being in this pack isn't a walk in the park you know? We have our fair share of pain. It's really annoying.” He smirked with a quick wag of his tail.

"We do not hunt rabbits and hares or other small game, they are far too small, and too quick for us. Being bigger, we need time to get up our speed, rabbits are down in a hole before that happens"

“Well lucky for you we're hunting deer.” He chirped as he gazed down at the bucks and doe's gently graze. He eyed the prey and found the one that he was looking for. The weakling was easy to spot. It's ribs were poking out from it's skin and it limped heavily across the plain. He would be an easy target for the newbie hunters to hunt. However, he would not tell the others that. He wanted to see if his students knew the answer.

"I know what to pick. But lets see if your pack does..." 

“Well look who's licking the teachers arse.” He chuckled as he looked back at the newbie. He wasn't a little surprised that the male knew about hunting. He looked like he hunted his fair share in his life time.

'i need a...'' ''i...need...a...healer'' 

Jo turned his gaze back at the black male. Oops. He was injured and Jo had failed to see it. Oh well. He had found the newbies, so he did do one good job. “Well, lucky for you we have a healer right here. Denali hunny, it's your time to shine.” He smirked as he waited for the healer to go her job. He was lucky to have such a smart female in his group.

Wolves addressed: Denali, Senpell and Robb.
Word count: 461

83Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 am

Denali

Denali

One moment, a massive wolf had approached and began gawking about how he was 'king of the north' or something like that, the next, some black wolf was croaking about needing a healer. It had all happened so fast that Denali couldn't keep up. She shot a glance at the oversized 'king'. Sure, she believed him one-hundred percent... fat chance at that! However, she was glad she had her chervil. It was a valuable herb, and it seemed that it was about to prove its worth already.

Instantly, she could tell what the problem was. She was glad that she wouldn't have to ask, because a conversation with this wolf could have taken a while. Denali padded over and looked at his back leg. It didn't look good, but she'd have to examine it to know what to do. The injury looked very similar to Fyrebane's, and she suspected that they were both sprains. Chervil could help with that. Chervil could help with a lot. Unfortunately, this wolf's injury seemed worse. She wondered if there would be need to splint it. Well, she still needed to check it over. Normally she'd have asked more questions, but his vocal cords weren't in good shape, so she didn't want to push it.

"Can you sit down and stretch out your leg?" Denali asked him. "I need to examine it," she said as she carefully placed the chervil at her side.

Wolves Addressed: Senpell
Wolves Mentioned: Robb, Fyrebane, Senpell

"You were my new dream"- Tangled

84Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 am

Senpell

Senpell

The male nodded at the alpha when he said they had a healer, lucky wolf he was, the pack was friendly, maybe but only maybe he could stay. Senpell moved his attention to the female that approached to him, a good looking she-wolf, he began to take deatils of her and with a tired smile he greeted her, keeping his voice low, to be understood ''so...your name is Denali...nice to mee-'' his lovely speech was interrupted by the female who wanted him to sit down, and so he did.

The black wolf took a few seconds to think how he could move his hind leg without causing any extra pain and then began to stretch his leg so Denali could see it and heal it.

Addressed:Denali
Mentioned:Everyone, Joe
Notes:derp

85Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:48 am

Howie

Howie

Jo howled an - invitation or threat, Howie couldn't tell - and three wolves appeared. Two of them were so large that Howie could have walked right under them if he wanted. The other one was normal size but had an inky black coat and a deep, grating voice. Howie avoided the gaze of the giant ones, feeling a bit freaked out.

Introductions were made, and the black one asked for a medic. The little Mexican strayed to the edge, still sulking about the previous 'hunt' and reluctant to get kicked in the face by a deer.

His ears perked as he heard a faint howl from the trees; a wolf was calling them back. Well, Jo could go beat up some more innocent wolves or something, but he was going back to the den. He had helped the pack in their twisted training session, so as far as he was concerned he had done his part.

Quietly, he inched away while Jo was scanning the deer.

- to the den site -

ADRESSED: no one
MENTIONED: Jo and Rebby and others
NOTES: lame catch up post.

86Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:09 am

Little Old Jo

Little Old Jo
Alpha
Alpha

Jo smiled down at this little healer. She was good with her patients and she seemed to know what to do. He was glad to have her in the pack. Something was stirring in the air, he could just feel it in his bones. Something bad was coming their way and Jo did not like that. They had just come back from the shadow destroying their land and now something else was heading their way. Who knew that being Alpha or being in Scotland could hold so much trouble and danger. He sighed at the thought. Life sucked at times, better get used to it. As long as Jo kept Rebekka and the pack safe, then nothing else really mattered. Fate could do whatever she wanted, Jo just wanted the safety of those under his protection.

However, trouble was brewing their way when a howl pierced the air. Rebekka! Jo knew her howl as well as he knew his paw prints. Something was wrong. He howled back to the female, hoping that she knew that he was on his way. He frowned at the howl. What was wrong now? Had fate visited? Were they in trouble? Was something dying? Jo had no clue and the questions buzzing in his head did not help. They were making him worried, and he hated it when he worried.

The looked back at his hunting party, noticing that Howie had vanished. Gathering that he had run back to the pack, he would not send out a search party for him. Despite that Jo loved to tease the tiny male, he still didn't want anything bad happening to him or any pack member. “Put a rain check on the hunt, gang. Lets beat it” He ordered, but smile dazzled on his face. “Denali, help the poor chap back to the pack.” He asked with a grin before picking up his pup and running to the pack.

(Gone to the pack.)

Wolves addressed: Pack, Denali.
Word count: 321
Music: 1920/30's music

(I'll change it chews, if you don't want Jo carrying him)

87Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 am

Denali

Denali

Just then, a faint sound rose on the wind. Slowly, the volume increased. Soon, Denali determined that it was most definitely a wolf howling. Probably female, and very desperate. It must have been another pack member somewhere else in the territory. This wasn't sounding good.

"Put a rain check on the hunt, gang. Lets beat it," Jo announced. "Denali, help the poor chap back to the pack," he said with a grin.

"You got it," she replied and flicked her tail at him.

"Okay, I'll have to check your leg out once we reach the others," Denali told the newcomer. "It looks like we're needed there." Wherever there is, she thought to herself.

She looked at his leg again. Yes, he'd probably need a dose of the chervil and a splint. Of course, it hadn't been properly examined yet, so she couldn't be sure. Out of habit, she cocked her head back and fourth while thinking. Jo was already heading towards the source with a pup. This must be really urgent, she thought, seeing that Jo was carrying a pup that seemed to be just a month or two under a year old.

Denali glanced again at the black male. She tried her best to help him up, hoping that his injury wasn't much worse than it looked. Anxiety was rising in her chest as she considered what could be wrong. She desperately wanted to bolt after Jo, but she couldn't leave this injured wolf behind. Her heart beat faster and faster as she saw that this must have been something serious. Please, she pleaded silently, let everything be okay. I can't loose my new home already!

~The Den~

Wolves Addressed: Jo, Senpell
Wolves Mentioned: Jo, Senpell, Chewbo, Rebekka (the wolf howling)

Last edited by Denali on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

88Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Killian

Killian
Pack Friend
Pack Friend

- R O B B -

“Well look who's licking the teachers arse.”

Robb grumbled at the wolf's comment before sharply replying to it; "I'm built a heck of a lot taller than you... Im not made for licking arses." he snorted as he sat down with a huff. His ears flicked as a howl rode through the wind, he gave a quick glance to Jo, who was taking off. Robb looked to his mother, gave her a nudge, and followed after Jo.

He was mildly disappointed that there was going to be no meal right now, but the howl seemed to be something rather urgent, and the whole pack of smaller wolves had taken off. Robb, lost them in the thickets, the forest was dense and he needed more time to duck and weave around the trees, and branches than the littler ones did. He trotted along, and followed their scents. For his nose was strong and keen on the fresh ones they had just left.

Addressed: Cat, Jo. Mentioned: All Side Notes: Moving to the Den.

89Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:44 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Fyrebane

Fyrebane huffed angrily and stared at the ground. Amidst the commotion, he noticed more strange wolves. Though he had no interest in getting to know them at the moment, he moved closer for a better view. Busy day for the alphas', huh, he almost said out loud. He gingerly alternated between light and heavy pressure on his aching leg. The red wolf silently cursed the wretched beast that had done it to him. It was certainly NOT his fault! No, it was all that rabbit.

He'd just had to try to impress the new girl. This certainly wasn't his day, not at all. Usually, his flirty nature got him into the good kind of trouble, not this kind. She seemed like a girl who would play, his kind. Flirty, but not desperate. Wild, but not crazy. Fyrebane let out a drawn-out sigh. He had lost his mojo today, that was for sure.

The male swiveled his ears about, detecting a faint sound in the distance. Steadily, the sound increased, growing louder and more clear. A wolf was howling... Rebekka! Fyrebane had always been particularly good with matching voices to names to wolves. It was easier for him than putting faces to names, or vise versa. Something wasn't right, he could sense it in her tone.

Despite the pain, he stood up and started heading in the direction of the den, where the sound seemed to be coming from. He noticed others doing the same. Though it made him want to yelp every time his paw hit the ground, he sucked it up and sped up into a full on sprint.

-To The Den-

Wolves Addressed: none
Wolves Mentioned: Denali, Rebekka, Strangers
Notes: Tryin' to catch up. Here, his interest in a certain wolf begins to show. Also, love the name, Jo, thanks!

90Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis

The scent of elk wafted in from the hunting grounds, gently tugging Ailis along.

Finally, they arrived. Grass bowed with the wind, and rocks were scattered about. It was a nice day, and the area seemed to gleam with sunlight. Rarely do they get something like this, and she intended to make the most of it.

She wasn't expecting to be out of shape though. Granted, it was expected as she was lazy for the last few weeks and became a little plump, but the copper didn't realize exactly how bad it was. By the time the duo came into view of the area, she was doing her best not to pant too much and show her lack of fitness. While still fast, she just... Lacked the stamina, to put it best. However, food was an incentive, and she followed her stomach's lead.

Lifting her nose to the air, she caught wind of a herd. "Follow me," she murmured, head bowed. Following the scent, they came across some grazing about on the ground. She immediately picked out the main bull with its immense size, roaming about with the other males of its herd. For the briefest of seconds, she considered abandoning this hunt and going for something easier, like a rabbit.

"Go big or go home," she said, smirking. Crouching low to the ground, she crept closer and circled the herd, looking for a sickly or weak female. They didn't have the whole pack with them, so they couldn't take a bull. Using the grass to hide herself, she laid down on the ground, trying to decide with to take.

Finally, a smaller female came into view. It wasn't old, and probably inexperienced in the ways of wolves. Chances are, it was a recently matured elk. She nudged Fyrebane a bit, motioning to the young one. "How about that one?" Knowing that she herself was naturally weak, she relied on Fyre for the strength aspect of the hunt. He would need to make the kill, while Ailis herself decided that she would be the one to chase it and wound it.

Memories of Bogatyr began to flood her mind and what happened to him. Her heart raced for a bit, before calming down. She refused to let something like that happen to her.

Soon, though, the challenge will come, and they'll see what happens after their first move.

Wolves Addressed: Fyrebane
Wolves Mentioned: Fyrebane, Bogatyr
Notes: You need to go to the gym sometime Ailis, lol. PM for edits.

91Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:44 pm

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Fyrebane

The trot to the hunting grounds had been easy enough for him, but his companion didn't appear to be getting on quite so well. It wasn't unlike he hadn't slowed down a bit over the past two weeks as well, everyone had. But he'd held on to most of his physical condition, as he'd been out on most every hunting expedition.

At first he'd gotten a bit ahead on the way to the hunting grounds, but for the sake of Ailis' slightly slower pace, he'd dropped back and allowed her to take the lead. It was usually the position he preferred, to be in the lead and directing the others, but Fyrebane didn't mind letting the lady take the lead. Ladies first. After all, this wasn't a big deal; they were just hunting for fun, but still in hopes of bringing something down. And the whole point of the excursion was to get to know each other better, to kick off a friendship. He had a feeling that this was going to go well---the friendship and the hunt.

As the grounds came into sight, his nostrils flared as he opened himself to the barrage of scents. Fragrant grass here, stale deer scat there, and then there was that ominous trace of rabbit. But aside from that, he was picking up on something he identified as elk. She broke into his thoughts with a, "Follow me." Quietly, he obeyed.

Proceeding behind Ailis, he confirmed his suspicion as his eyes picked out the beasts he'd scented. Clearly, she'd scented them from back there, too. He was glad to see that they'd had the same thing in mind. Fyrebane hadn't known what the female would be up for hunting, but he would have guessed smaller game. He couldn't have been more pleased though, considering that big game was his specialty. Most small prey was either too easy or too frustrating for his taste. The battle that  larger prey provided was great sport and a much fairer match. Sometimes, the prey even had the upper hand, and success was by no means a guarantee either way.

"Go big or go home," Ailis remarked, nearly having read his thoughts. "My thoughts exactly," he replied in a soft tone, catching her smirk. They really were on the same page here. Assessing the herd, Fyrebane pro-and-con-listed each potential victim. The sight of the bull elk left him with a lust. Some day soon, he'd like to assemble a big group and go after it. He hadn't had a bull's blood on his muzzle for several moons, and they were nothing short of the best thrill. With just the two of them today, they would need to target the weakest link. "How about that one?" she asked, her gaze guiding him to the cow elk. He couldn't deny that she had a good eye. This female was sharp and observant, more so than himself. Certainly, it would have taken him a moment to think on the candidates and make a decision. His brain was quick, but not like that.

The cow was undoubtedly the most realistic target around. It was only just mature, and its age meant inexperience on its part. It was small enough, too, that it would be manageable for him. He knew that Ailis was going to end up being more of the brain, and he, more of the brawn. Kneading at the ground with his claws out of habit, he spoke in a whispery tone, "Looks good to me." With another glance at the female, he began with strategy, "Assuming you don't mind some running, here's the plan." Fyrebane, being the hunter, took it upon himself to provide the plan of action.

"I'm going to charge in, initially, and scatter the herd. You hang back and wait, and I'm going to begin to drive the cow your way. Start chasing her with me, and then I'll drop back and you keep going. I'm going to double back and hide near where the herd regroups. The cow will want to get back to the group, so after keeping her busy for a few moments, you can turn her back towards the others and trail her. I'll be waiting in her path. Just as she's about to tread on me, I'm going to jump for her throat. Once she's down, you spring too. Try and get hold of the shoulder so she can't kick at me. Mind the hooves yourself, though. I can easily slash the throat once I've got a grip." He gave her a moment. "Sound like a plan?"

Fyrebane hoped he hadn't overwhelmed the coppery female. He couldn't really tell, but she was bright, so she must have understood. He gave her a goofy smile, just to keep the mood light.

Addressed: Ailis
Mentioned: Ailis, Cow Elk
Word Count: 798
Notes: At last I have written this! Will be posting for Ava tomorrow, probably.

92Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis listened intently, absorbing every detail. She couldn't help notice the way he spoke about the plan, as if he was dying to get into the hunt itself. He was an excellent planner, and certainly strategic when he decided to be. It was something that showed a bit about himself. Perhaps he came from a militant background? No no, she decided, just a wolf who either ran into a lot of fights or learned from others.

"Sound like a plan?" Fyrebane inquired, before smiling brightly. She couldn't help but smile along, it was so silly. Silly and happy.

The copper chimed back, "A perfect one." Smirking deviously, she had a glint in her eye; she was ready to kill and feel the blood in her mouth. While having eaten the food others took down, it was much more satisfying to take it yourself.

Getting low, she slinked away, weaving through the grass like a snake. Careful not to disturb so much as a rock, she held a shadow's silence; not even the elk could detect her. For all that Wylie left her, he certainly taught her how to become one with the surroundings. She closed her eyes, and took in all that was around her.

Birds chirped over head, and she could feel the wind's movement to her left. The elk murmured and moved around, quietly going about their business. Flicking her ears this way and that, she tried sensing where things were, so she wouldn't trip over something and possibly sprain an ankle. Here, in the grass and waiting for Fyrebane to disturb the herd, she had time to think. It was a thing she couldn't help do. How others managed to clear their heads was a mystery, or how others find being in a quiet place with one's thoughts maddening. It was calming, and allowed her to collect her thoughts before the action.

Ailis surveyed the area again, looking for a patch of red. She had to give the wolf credit, he was an excellent huntsman. Not only that, but he knew how to utilize other's strengths for a common cause. In this case, food. Thinking back to the plan, she ran over it again, trying to get all the details in order. It suddenly hit her, how her response must have sounded. She certainly knew that she had the look of being ready to kill.

Her muzzle twitched, and old scents came back that weren't real. Fur and blood. While not a warrior, she knew how to kill and witnessed a few battles in her time, not including the ones with Memphis. They were hardly battles, she thought bitterly, but one sided ambushes. Memphis on them, they on him.  In both cases, Fyrebane fought bravely. Remembering back, the images of his fierce snarling and the realization of his strength shone through. The copper knew that he was a warrior; one who longed for blood and adrenaline.

She wasn't sure if she was though. Ailis belonged to the sunrise and sunset, to the rain and storms, and to the wind and shadows. The itch for killing was something hammered into her, definitely not a natural thing she would lust after. No, it was something that came after... After her and her brothers' revenge. Now, leaving Wylie's apprenticeship, she still had that need in her. A small, but domineering little desire to kill something, be it elk or wolf.

Her heart began to pound as she knew that it was almost time. The hunt would begin, and she would sate that bygone need for death. Mouth open and eyes wide, she waited.

Wolves Mentioned: Memphis, Fyrebane, her brothers
Notes: Late, but I hope I did justice. PM for any edits.~

93Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:48 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Fyrebane

"A perfect one."

He grinned. This was good. The hunt was on now, no turning back; they were out for blood. Fyrebane was happy, excited, thrilled --- something between those three. And the best part of it all was the fact that he was not only getting to do what he loved, but he was getting to do what he loved with a new friend. Making friends wasn't as bad as he had expected. He could see the predatory glint in Ailis' eyes as they decided on the hunt. She was a hunter too, some kind of hunter, at least. He could tell by her nature.

The male had been hunting for himself his entire life, and he had some skill to show for it. After having miraculously survived his mother's homicide attempt, he'd just as astonishingly taught himself how to survive, and hunting was the most important part of that. He'd only been a few months only old at the time, and completely alone, and he'd had to adapt. A month of scavenging frequently and a lot of trial and error hunting had brought him to some conclusion of how to hunt, what was essential and what wasn't. The struggles he faced were vicious, but in the end, he survived. He had had to give up his puphood too early. Doing what he had to to survive had been horrible for him, and terrifying, and he shouldn't of survived it.

But against the odds, he had. And now Fyrebane was even more all grown up, standing here and ready for the hunt, but relying on the same things he taught himself as a child to complete this hunt successfully. The basics of hunting were very simple once understood, but not nearly as easy to carry out. Despite that, he'd had many seasons of practice to perfect his techniques. Hunting was the one thing he really stood out for, and he couldn't be more proud about what he could accomplish.

He could feel the adrenaline moving through his veins. The spotlight was going to be his for this moment, and he was going to enjoy it. The taste of hot blood was already in his mouth, making him breathe harder than before. Fyrebane started to pick up his feet like he was jogging in place a bit, warming up. Preparing his body and loosening himself up was essential to performing fully. "Get ready," he told Ailis quietly. "Might wanna start movin' out." He was about to start off the hunt now, and she would need to be ready once he scattered the herd.

"Ready, set, go!" he called quietly. He crept stealthily at first, getting as close as he could. He was about twelve meters out from the herd when the first elk spotted him. It stared for a moment before bellowing a warning call to the others. They all stuck their heads up in the air, searching for the hidden threat. He remained tucked away in the grasses for a moment, belly brushing the ground.

Now came the fun part.

Fyrebane darted out from the bushes, rushing the herd at full speed. For a second, they all remained frozen with shock. "Look at me!" he screamed at them. "I'm coming to eat you!" he howled in a pitchy voice. Of course, they couldn't understand what he was saying, but it was an effective method for scaring the elk.

He charged into the middle of the group, growling and howling, and tossing his head about madly. The terrified beasts fled, pounding off in all different directions and raising loud warning calls. Hooves struck at him from one side, and he swerved to the side, narrowly avoiding a stomping from the bull elk. He spun on it and snapped at its face, convincing it to back off. Turning to run, and older cow darted in front of him and knocked him off of his feet, but unharmed, he leapt back up from the dirt and sped off. His eyes searched wildly for the intended target.

Locating the young cow they were after, he changed course to bear down on her. He forced his burning muscles to work harder, propelling him closer to its heals. Fyrebane's mouth hung open as he inhaled its scent through both his nose and his mouth, savoring the scent of its fear. His claws left scars in the earth from his pursuit. The cow swerved suddenly, trying to steer herself back towards the others. He spun on a dime, colliding with her body, and she sprang away from him. The burn in his muscles made him feel heavy now, and he was starting to loose ground. The herd was far away now, but he still heard extra hooves beating behind him.

"Ailis!" he shouted, slowing down to allow her to take over. He whipped back around to locate the source of the extra hoofbeats. The older cow who'd taken him off of his feet previously had followed him, leaving him to guess that this recently matured cow could be her offspring. Though it wasn't typical for other elk to chase the hunters of another elk, he'd seen it before. Usually, this practice was only upheld with calves, though.

Bracing himself, he stayed planted in her path. He hoped that Ailis was chasing the young cow by now, because he would have to deal with this older cow, or it might go after her instead. If anybody was going to get trampled here, he'd rather it be him. Plus, he was larger and more durable physically. The impact on his body wouldn't be as severe as if it were her.

He lunged at the older cow's side, trying to drive it away from the trail. A hoof clipped his left hip as it spun about, but he left it with toothmarks in its hide. Giving up, it whirled around and pounded back towards the others. The cut on his hip was shallow, and had barely drawn any blood. It wasn't bad at all, but it still stung freshly. Slinking off, he winced at first as the skin around his cut stretched, but he ignored the discomfort and proceeded back towards where the herd was clustering. If thing were going according to plan still, Ailis would be steering the young cow back his way in a moment.

Getting in position, he settled down in the brush, remaining tense in preparation for the leap that was to come. Fyrebane took a split moment to glance back at the cut, which was small and barely stung anymore. It was a very common hunting injury, and wouldn't effect him at all. His body was tense and rigid as he waited for Ailis to drive the cow towards the final stretch.

For a spilt second, Fyrebane waved his red tail in the air, indicating to Ailis where he was hiding. He could already taste its blood in his mouth.

Wolves Addressed: Ailis, (The Elk)
Wolves Mentioned: Ailis, (The Elk)
Word Count: 1,155
Notes: Long. Hunting posts are fun. Also, his cut is just a tiny thing, not a big deal.

94Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis watched, eyes wide, as he dashed through the herd. Her ears caught his little quirks, and she snorted, but still remained attentive. She kept her gaze between him and the elk they intended to take down, making sure he kept track of which one to go after. Growling, she got up, before quickly hiding back down. It wasn't time yet. She'll spoil the whole plan, but the urge was hard to tame when she saw him fall to his side briefly.

When he started chasing the right one, the copper smirked, but saw an elder on his heels. This must have been the mother. Cursing under her breath, she watched the chase unfold. She should have known that such a perfect target had its drawbacks, and the fact that it was still guarded by a mother was one of them. However, not letting it get to her, she immediately sprang into the air when he called her name. Now was the time to prove that she was a decent hunter, and not totally useless.

Her claws dug into the dirt, propelling her faster through the air. Seeing the elk run quicker away, trying to escape, was strangely liberating. Ailis, once a frail wolf compared to her pack mates, now controlled this young one's fate. Grinning, she rushed ahead, snapping at the haunches of the elk to relish the feeling.

Wham!

One of the hooves had hit her in her right shoulder. Screeching, she fell behind, the wound sharp. It starting to burn, but she didn't want to stop. If she stopped, she wouldn't be able to catch up again. Now was not the time to asses the wound, now was the time to simply run. Run, Ailis, run.

Briefly, she had lost sight of the prey, but it's noises attracted her attention and she sprinted after it. While not in fit condition, the wolf was always quick with her long legs, and she caught up to it in no time. Her vision began to cloud though, as dizziness began to take its toll. Her breath came short and hot, and her heart beat deafeningly. At this point, the only thing that was keeping her from collapsing from dizziness and the pain of the stretched bruise was the incentive to not disappoint Fyrebane. He was a brilliant hunter and a great partner. She'll be damned if she let their first activity together go badly.

Growling and uttering curses again, she caught up and began to bite at the calf's side cautiously. Ailis began to steer her in the intended direction, and it wasn't long before the nimble wolf lept in front of the calf and scared her into heading in the opposite direction. This part was easy, as it was only to chase the calf and make sure she made it back and not head down a different path. Every now and then, the wolf slowed down to catch her breath, but at this point it was lost to her. She gave up being concerned by her own health and was too focused on the task at hand. The only thoughts that came to her at this moment were those of the hunt.

Fyrebane's tail waved in the air, and she caught the sight of red against green. "All right, ya pack of hooves and fur! We're almost there!" she howled, a message that both scared the female elk into running faster and to alert Fyrebane to her incoming arrival. Her fur was blown behind her, catching the sun every now and then and shining a deep red. Ears flat, she charged one last time to run atop a rock and leap at the calf, grabbing at the area between the shoulder blades. While it wasn't the intended target, it was good enough for the exhausted wolf. Her sharp teeth and claws dug into the soft skin, and Ailis could already taste the flesh beneath the fur. It was still a horrible task to even remain latched onto the animal, who was bucking wildly as Fyrebane was only a mere tail-length away.

Soon, this whole thing will be over, and she can finally rest with a full stomach and a new friend.

Wolves Addressed: Fyrebane, (elk)
Wolves Mentioned: Fyrebane, (elk)
Notes: I tried giving it more raw emotion than thought this time to resemble the hunt. PM for any edits.~

95Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Universe

Universe

A strange, black and white coloured she-wolf walked silently through the plains, her black tail swishing behind her in a relaxed motion. The rays of the sun caught the violet tint to her fur, especially on her tail. She blew the strands of black fur away from her left eye, which was a dark blue-black. If one looked deeply, they could see the subtle hints of violet in her eyes, but usually it was hidden within the base colour.

She smiled, revealing sharp fangs that could easily snap the bones of a deer. She held her head high, humming a tune softly to herself. She saw a weathered stone nearby and trotted over, sitting herself down and pawing over another, smaller, weathered stone. Scraping the two together created a nice sound, like a bird's caw. She smiled again and thumped her tail against the ground rhythmically, the dull booms echoing for a bit. Paired with the scraping of the stones the music was basic, but compelling. She heard some elk in the distance, the cracking of their joints making another unique sound.

She added that to the mix, finally raising her voice to a soft yet hypnotizing hum. Together these noises sounded tribal, but it sucked you in and kept you there until it was done with you. The she-wolf herself was caught in its web, a willing servant to the music. She bobbed her head slightly to the beat, as did the rest of her body; it moved in intricate ways, even while sitting. She would look like quite the sight to anyone nearby, but her music was seductive and alluring.

96Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Fyrebane

Chest still heaving from the chase, Fyrebane remained tense as he lay in wait. He could feel the thump, thump, thumping of his heart, so loud that he could hear it outside of his body. It was working overtime to disperse blood to all of his extremities. He was a hunter, indeed, but more specifically and wrestler than a chaser. It took a sturdy wolf to break the herd up, and then usually as smaller wolf took immediately over to give the first stretch of chase, but because he and Ailis numbered only two, they had to play multiple roles. Though it was about a four-wolf job, two could manage, but he remembered why it wasn't ideal.

Himself, Fyrebane had taken on about two-and-a-half of the jobs, leaving Ailis with one-and-a-half portions of the job. He hadn't wanted to put too much stress on her, because he didn't gather that she was used to hunting like this. His sport was one of high impact, and he didn't want her to get hurt. Hunting, while wolves did sometimes go on more recreational outings of it, was still potentially dangerous. It was rare to come out of a hunt unscathed if you got anywhere near the pray. He was used to the wear and tear of his trade, but he knew how rough it could be on others, especially if they didn't have much experience with the rebound that was needed in such situations. Hunting an elk, between two wolves, was no easy task.

Hearing hoofbeats drawing nearer, he pricked up his ears to tune in. Then, there was a sound that sounded strangely like a wolfish screech. Ailis?

Having an on-the-dime reaction, he nearly blew his cover to find out what had happened. Forcing himself to stay still caused tension built up quickly in his muscles, as if he wasn't already fiercely rigid. They ached with the desire to fling him out into the open, so that he could see what had happened. Patience was a learned trait,  and though he'd acquired enough of it to lay low through situations like this, it still wasn't easy for him.

Fyrebane hoped that Ailis was alright out there, and it sounded as if the chase had resumed, but he'd just have to wait to find out for sure. He didn't want to blow the hunt over what could have been nothing; it also could have been the sound of Ailis being pummeled, though. He squinted at the thought. He'd seen a wolf being trampled by an elk before, stomped on, and ultimately had the life kicked out of it. Remembering back to its battered body, he cringed. The male told himself that Ailis was fine, and that the noise was nothing to worry about, but the huntsman knew better. He'd received his fair share of kicks, jabs, and bites from prey, and he knew what kind of noise a wolf made when they were kicked by a large animal.

All he could think was, 'Damn, that must have hurt.' Judging by what he could hear, though, she was still giving chase. His own breathing had calmed a bit, but he remained alert, aware that in moments, he would be throwing himself at this beast and trying to drag it to the ground. Some wolves must find this kind of act to be... lacking in sanity. But Fyrebane lived for it.

Ailis was saying something. "All right, ya pack of hooves and fur! We're almost there!" She was safe and headed his way.

The pounding of hooves. And three. Closer now. And two. Tearing through the grass in from of him. And one. Hooves rising over his head. And jump.

The tension built up in his shoulders and haunches propelled him up and out. His body, chest protruding forward, braced for impact, slammed against the front of the elk. Chest on chest, they hurtled over. Fyrebane's back met the ground, painfully, as he tried to twist in the air in an attempt not to be landed on last second. The second the cow's body struck the ground, he darted up and clung onto it's body. His teeth found the base of its neck first, and he clamped his jaws shut. Blood oozed from the wounds and felt hot and sticky in his mouth. If he hadn't been holding on so tight, he would have smiled.

Out of terror, the creature bucked beneath him, flailing at him wildly. For a brief moment, he leapt back to avoid a sharply aimed hoof and lost his hold at the base of its throat. He lunged again, more strategically this time, and grabbed hold of the jugular with his fangs. Pressing his teeth into the animal's skin brought a satisfying rush of blood to its surface. The taste made him quiver with lust, but he stayed still and kept his grip on the cow elk's throat. He would have to keep his hold until she was finished off. It may have seemed cruel, but a death was faster and less painful that way. His teeth were buried deep beneath her skin, and though he wanted to ask Ailis if she was alright, he could possibly speak like this. His legs were splayed out at awkward angles as he braced himself against the elk's struggling. It had a strong will to live.

This was the worst part of the hunt, because you'd finally won, and at first, victory was sweet. But then it occurred to you that taking this beautiful creature's life was terrible, and you realized that you hadn't won at all.

After what felt like an hour, the beast faded away. Fyrebane let go to allow the elk its last breaths. "Thank you," he murmured to it. It went still. Thanking the prey as it died was something he'd always done, since he was very young. He would thank the animal for its life, which he would be taking in order to sustain himself. It had helped him to understand that he was killing the animals because he had to, and to respect them. After all, they were giving their lives so that he could live.

Fyrebane cleared his throat. "Ailis, you okay?" he asked her.

Wolves Addressed: Ailis, (The Elk)
Wolves Mentioned: Ailis, (The Elk)
Word Count: 1,039
Notes: Blah, I've been so busy lately. PM for edits.

97Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis held on for dear life, teeth sinking deeper and deeper. Don't let go, don't let go.

Through the quivering that sudden came through the elk's body, she knew that Fyrebane had struck. However, what through the copper off was the wailing bellow the cow made in response, and suddenly the blood tasted different. It didn't taste like elk's blood, it tasted familiar. Warm. Wolfish. Time seemed to stretch in her head, and it bend and became gnarled as the cries of the female began to sound more and more pitiful. Memories flashed through her head rapidly, each a painful reminder of a bygone time. Ailis tried to fight it, fight the oncoming panic attack she was experiencing. Certain words ailed her, but she wasn't aware that sounds and the senses could bring the same pain.

Please, not now, by the Goddesses not now not-

Her pupils became blown, and her jaws clamped harder on the cow, earning a final mewl of pain. Ears flattened, an animalistic growl began to rise. She didn't see the gentle plains of the hunting grounds, didn't smell the grass nor the heard the birds.

All around her was a battlefield, bodies of wolves strewn about. It was dark, the moon overhead, and the mountains rose high above the clouds. A cold wind blew through, nipping at her fur. The pines. They whispered and the voices of both packmates and enemies echoed through them, wisping through the branches.

She spied her brothers, fighting mightily like they were raised to. Both large and proficient at battle, they danced around the other pack, slashing and biting and dodging. While they were often the leaders and the brute force of the four siblings, she and her sister were the brains, the head behind the fists. Now, she was here in her brothers' natural habitat, fighting for survival and revenge.

Ailis glanced down at the furry back she clung to. It was a dark brown, and bucked wildly. In a mad fury, it managed to kick her off, sending her flying in the air. She tried to twist and land decently, but she didn't have the skills Wylie taught her then. Clumsily, she flailed briefly, before landing on the hard ground with harsh thud.

She was knocked out for a few seconds, the air knocked out of her. Whimpering, her eyes began to open slightly, and her breath came quick. Her knees were soft, and as much as she tried she couldn't stand. The adrenaline rushed through her body, the need to fight and stand up to the threat overwhelming. Curling up, she tried putting her paws beneath her. Baby-steps, she reminded herself. The copper rose shakily. Her head was bowed and tears began to come to her eyes. She didn't realize it till then, but the impact on the ground left a severe bruise. What will she do? What... What to do...

"Ailis, you okay?"

Her mind was underwater, swimming slowly and groggily. Everything was slow and fast, terrifying and calming. It confused her, and for the briefest of moments, she didn't know who she was, where she was, or why. That scared her the most, and Ailis whined lightly, a puppy-like instinct. Raising her head, she blinked, the fog clearing. His voice. His reassurance, his question itself tugged her out of the water. It brought clarity to her mind and to her vision, and she was baffled at that. Sure, the copper had moments of reliving her own memories, but... She wasn't pulled out of them like that. Never. It confused her, but it also calmed her. Something about having a friend, it seems, stabled one's mind.

She just desperately hoped he didn't see her little episode and push for questions if he did.

"Mm... Yes, yes, I just... Hard landing, damn," she muttered, standing up fully but immediately bending over at the pain. Hissing, she limped over to the elk's body, observing the wounds. Fyrebane was certainly a skilled hunter, judging by the wounds. "Don't worry about it, probably nothing..." However, she tried not to show that her breath was coming hard. It hurt to even breath deeply, much less move too much. Ailis didn't want to show that, though; she wanted to be strong for him. She wanted to prove that she could soldier on through her own injuries just like him. "What about you, though?" It wouldn't be good if the two of them sustained serious injuries. That would've been a horrible inconvenience.

"Should we call the others?" she asked, looking up at him curiously before back at the carcass. Unconsciously, she licked her own lips, tasting the blood again. It still tasted slightly of wolf, though, which made her concerned for a bit. Her mind was still trying to clear the last of the fog, but all she could focus on now was the food and her own injuries.

Sighing, she swayed around, a bit closer to Fyre. He was a source of stability, and right now, that was something she desperately needed.

Wolves Mentioned: Fyrebane, her brothers, other packmates
Notes: Ahahaha, I totally wasn't late, what are you talking about? PM for edits.~

98Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:22 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Fyrebane

The ruddy male ran his tongue around his lips to clean away the blood. It took him a few passes before the aluminum taste started to fade. He needed a moment to cool down from the excitement, and the adrenaline was starting to ebb. He let his breaths slow as he stared at the carcass of the elk. The hunt hadn't gone quite as planned, but in the end, they'd found success. Fyrebane had come out of it relatively unharmed, saved for a cut or two and a sore back, but he didn't think Ailis had faired so well.

Looking back up, he found himself hoping that he hadn't asked too much of her. Sometimes he forgot that others weren't used to this kind of abuse. It took a toll on one's body to push themselves like this; the only difference was, he was used to it. He remembered the sound of her scream while he'd waited in the grass, and he knew that she'd been hurt. Ailis may have been good at playing stuff of like it was nothing, but he could tell just by looking at her that it certainly wasn't nothing. He wished she'd tell him what was wrong, but he could also understand why she didn't want to admit to any weakness or injury --- it was simply instinct.

What Fyrebane also wished, is that Ailis would answer his question. He almost needed to hear her speak to know if she was okay or not. She looked okay enough, but sometimes a voice could give it all away. The male wouldn't be convinced either way until he got a response from her.

At last, "Mm... Yes, yes, I just... Hard landing, damn," she muttered. He wasn't convinced that it was just a hard landing. Her face didn't give it away, but the tone of her voice did. He could hear the pain behind it. "Don't worry about it, probably nothing..." But he did worry.

"I'm not convinced," Fyrebane responded quietly. He was more of thinking out loud than talking to Ailis, but either way it was the truth.

"What about you, though?" she asked. "Oh, I'm fine," he stated honestly and casually, "Just some nicks and bruises. The usual. You're not fine, though. I heard you scream. What happened?" he asked more gently, a bit of his fatherly side showing through. He was concerned for Ailis, and he'd pretty much gotten her into this. If it was anyone's fault, he felt that it was his. Even though she'd suggested hunting, he was supposed to know what he was doing.

Fyrebane looked down at the elk again, his gaze sweeping its length. It was heavy; he knew because he'd run into it. But, he also though he could manage its weight. He could pull this much weight, he had before. The route back to Stonehenge wasn't too rough, and the distance wasn't as bad as it could have been. "Should we call the others?" Ailis inquired. She still hadn't answered his question. "I think I can manage."

Wolves Addressed: Ailis
Wolves Mentioned: Ailis
Word Count: 509
Notes: AT LAST. Sorry this is short, but it's better than nothing.

99Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 am

Universe

Universe

The she-wolf raised her voice even higher, the sound echoing like a spirit's cry through the land. She thought she could hear other wolves in the distance, but she did not stop. The song was not finished. Her eyes flickered, like she was wavering between reality and dream. Soon her sound became less rough, smoothing out into a long, drawn out howl. It still sounded as though a spirit was calling out.

She was running out of breath, but she did not want to finish. Yet she was forced to, and she did so with a shrill wail that rippled through the air. And suddenly, the spell was broken, leaving the she-wolf gasping for breath. She lowered her head and took deep, slow breaths to calm her racing heart. Oh, the exhilaration of music. She never hated it, not one bit.

100Go fetch. Hunting grounds. - Page 4 Empty Re: Go fetch. Hunting grounds. Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Ailis

"Oh, I'm fine. Just some nicks and bruises. The usual. You're not fine, though. I heard you scream. What happened?"

Ailis winced when he asked that. She didn't exactly plan on telling him, as she didn't want him to worry. It made her uncomfortable as well, putting her on edge. Her muscles tensed, and she averted her eyes, trying not to look at him. Even though she was part of the pack and invested her time in trying to become friendlier, she still wasn't the first wolf on anybody's list to be concerned about. To most, that was a fact that many would consider sad, but it didn't really bother her. It was a long, long time since she last heard that tone of voice be used on her. Too long. Suddenly, her mouth went dry with nervousness. Why was she on edge? More importantly, why did she feel weak when asked about her condition? Something tugged at her, gave her the creeping feeling that she would be scolded for being injured. For not escaping unscathed, or for being a hindrance. Ailis didn't want to be a burden, especially not on Fyrebane. It was as simple as that. She refused to be a liability to the pack, even if it means dragging herself across the bone-dry desert to prove it.

The worst part, though, was the tone. It was not only concern, it was... Familiar. Parently. She almost associated it with patronizing, but she disregarded it. Fyre wasn't one to think himself superior, even with his new position. But it made her sad, the tone. Sad and bitter and nostalgic.

Oh, how she hated how words could so easily affect her.

Licking her lips, she replied automatically, "It was nothing to be too concerned about. Just a frail body, you know. Getting a bit too loose, and I'm sure it was really nothing." Of course, she still didn't look up when she said it. The copper refused to meet his orange eyes, not wanting to face them and their concern. Not only did it make her on edge, it made her angry at him. Or was it herself? She didn't even know anymore, just that she didn't want anybody's pity. Ailis refused to believe herself weak. She'll prove herself.

Turning her gaze back towards the elk and not in the distance, she began to consider the idea of just calling everyone to come and eat instead of bringing it to the stone hedge. It was a bit far in her opinion, and not many wolves can make that distance. "I think I can manage."

"Excuse me?" she replied incredulously. Her maternal instincts were kicking in, and seeing such a young wolf break his back dragging this elk all the way back broke her heart. "You can't do that! That's far too large of a distance! Nooo, nope, no." She waddled over to the other end of the elk and looked down at it, confident in her own strength suddenly. The elk looked easy enough to drag, anyway. Certainly not that hard because if Fyre can do it, then she should at least help. It was part guilt, part so-you-think-you-can-do-this-alone? challenging. Not a good habit to have, but as a new friend, Ailis refused to let him to this alone. Maybe later when she was comfortable with lazying about while he did the back-breaking chores, but not right now. Good impressions are important.

Before she bowed her head to grab a hold of the elk's legs, though, she heard a distant howl. Echoing across the plains, it danced around like a whisper before fading. If she didn't know any better, she would say it was the sound of a wolf's last dying breath, but it didn't sound old or pained. The noise intrigued her, and it was as if it was always there. Perhaps in the background? She raised her head, ears forward and eyes narrowed, searching the horizon. "Did you hear that?" Ailis murmured quietly. There was the possibility that she was the only one who heard that. Maybe. Hopefully not.

Wolves Mentioned: Fyrebane, Universe, those at the stone hedge
Notes: Ahahaha, late post, but glad I got this out there. PM for edits!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

A f f i l i a t e s
Burning